SAFER KIDS & FAMILIES
Keeping children and families safe and healthy through education, counseling and support services.
- 2,077 students and 98 parents and teachers attended workshops on the prevention of abuse, neglect and bullying.
- 535 (26%) of those children identified significant issues that required intervention and were connected with help.
- 26 children in foster care were assisted by trained volunteer advocates.
- Volunteers advocated for 474 services to be made available to those youth.
- 31% found permanency.
- 1,164 domestic abuse survivors and their children received counseling, advocacy and case management.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton
Child Assault Prevention (CAP) of Monmouth County
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) for Children of Monmouth County
Alcohol and substance use among young people is an ongoing problem in many communities in both Monmouth and Ocean counties. Our partnerships provide prevention education to reduce high-risk behaviors and access to outpatient treatment for youth with existing substance abuse issues.
- 217 youth participated in prevention/education programs.
- 62 adolescents received substance abuse counseling and treatment.
- 90% abstained from alcohol/drugs during treatment.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Monmouth & Middlesex Counties
Boys & Girls Club of Monmouth County
The Ocean County YMCA has forged partnerships with 14 local organizations, including United Way of Monmouth and Ocean Counties, to enable hundreds of individuals to have access to services that keep them both physically and mentally fit. One component of the Healthy Living Initiative is Swim Inc., a weekly aqua exercise program that provides a safe and supportive environment for adults with impaired mobility. People from all walks of life come together for an hour of supervised swim in the YMCA’s six-lane pool, followed by a social hour with refreshments. The Healthy Living Initiative also provides free memberships to at-risk families, who receive full access to the YMCA’s facilities and are able to maintain their health and have family bonding time.
- 424 members received aqua exercise classes, group workouts and memberships.
Ocean County YMCA
RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
Fostering independence in adults with disabilities to allow them to have healthy, independent lives and live with dignity in the community.
- 38 adults with disabilities received medical support and oversight.
New Jersey Institute for Disabilities
Supports for older adults, enabling them to maintain their health, remain independent in their homes and reduce isolation.
- 1,263 seniors received support services.
Caregiver Volunteers of Central Jersey
Jewish Federation of Ocean County/Jewish Family & Children’s Services
ADDICTION & MENTAL HEALTH
Co-occurring treatment and recovery services for individuals and families affected by addiction and mental illness.
- 31 adults received treatment.
Maryville Addiction Treatment Centers of New Jersey